This course will equip students with the fintech / IT skills to be successful in the fund management industry and allow them to develop quantitative investment strategies using Python programming to make better financial decisions.
One of the key goals of the financial services industry transformation map is to expand our talent pool and deepen specialist skillsets in IT. This course will cover Python programming and teach students how to use Python to develop trading signals and invest in the stock market. This would provide them with the skill set to be competitive in the financial services job market.
The course objective is to:
Enable students to use the Quantopian platform to develop advance portfolio strategies and invest in the stock market
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Run historical simulations using the Quantopian platform to test their trading strategies
- Apply advanced portfolio construction techniques to maximize performance
- Analyze the performance of their strategies using performance indicators such as Sharpe ratios and drawdowns
- Deploy their strategies and trade on their personal investment accounts
- Implement factor based trading strategy on Quantopian’s platform
- Complement factor based strategies using technical analysis
- Analyze the performance of their strategies using performance indicators
- Understanding performance indicators such as Sharpe ratio and drawdown
- Generate performance tear sheet of their trading strategy
- Deploy strategies on Quantopian’s platform to generate live orders to trade on their brokerage accounts.
- Setting up interactive broker (IB) account
- Logging of variables used by the trading algorithm
- Submitting orders on the IB account